Table of Contents
Discord Push to Talk Not Working
Several users are facing the issue of the feature of the Push to Talk Discord not working in game properly. In the list that is given below, you will get an idea about the process that you must follow in order to fix this issue.
Methods to Fix Push to Talk Discord Not Working
Even if you are facing the Discord Push to Talk not working problem, you should not worry. The thing is that it is not a disaster, and you can fix it yourself. There are a few things you can do for this purpose, so you should keep reading to find them out.
Check Discord Voice & Video Panel
At times, all you need to do is to reselect audio devices in Discord to solve the problem. You may also try to get the USB port changed, while even switching Bluetooth off and turning it on again may help. Therefore, try doing that, and if the Push to Talk not working Discord problem still exists, it is time to go for another solution.
Check Your Admin Settings
In case you have changed your Discord settings, then you will have to bring them back to their original settings.
- The first step for this solution will be to click on the setting button while in Discord.
- The second step would be to click on the tab that mentions Voice and Video. Afterwards, click on the Keybind Settings. You should make sure that the keys to the Push to Talk and push to mute are different and not the same.
- Now check if, in the Discord and the computer, the headset is the default input and output device.
- Once you have confirmed the third step, go down to the bottom of the page, and click on the Reset Voice Settings.
- Through the Push to talk function, try to send an audio message and find out if it is working.
Run Discord as Administrator
The next step is to find out if you are running the game in administrator mode. If that is the case, then you should run the Discord in the administrator mode as well. The following steps will explain to you the process through which you will be able to achieve the solution to the Discord mic only works on Push to Talk issue.
- The first step is to close Discord.
- After closing it, go to its shortcut and right-click on it. You will find the option of running Discord as administrator. Click on that option.
- Afterwards, while on Discord, try sending an audio message by Push to Talk and see if it is working or not.
If you find out that your game is not running as administrator, then you can go ahead and check the other fixes that are mentioned below.
Try to Update Your Audio Driver
The next solution can be to update the audio driver. It can be because the audio driver might be missing or too old. You can rectify the Discord Push to Talk not working in game problem by updating the driver. There are two options through which you can update the audio driver. The first option is to manually update the driver, while the second option involves the updating of the driver automatically from the service.
If you want to update the driver manually, then you will have to go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the audio card. Afterwards, search for the recent correct driver. Make sure that you choose that driver that can work on your Windows.
If you want to update the driver automatically, then you can do that through Driver Easy. This step is chosen by the individuals who lack the time and patience that is required to manually update the drivers. You can do this by installing the Driver Easy. Once it is installed, run the scan. Driver Easy will scan the computer and find out if there are any problems. Click on the update button, and the process of updating would begin. It would download the correct driver, which you can install manually. Restart the system and check whether the problem is still there.
Check Your Third-Party Audio Software
You can also use this solution to fix the Push to Talk Discord not working problem if you have recently installed new programs. Uninstall those programs, as they can be the ones that would be causing the problems. After uninstalling those programs, go back and recheck Discord.
- You can do this by going into the Control Panel.
- Go to the view by option on the top right corner and choose a category.
- Afterwards, select uninstall a program.
- A new page would open, find Discord on that page, right-click on it and then click uninstall.
- After you have completed the entire process, download Discord again, and check the push to talk function. The Push to Talk not working in game issue must be solved.