Table of Contents
Kindle Fire Not Showing Up on PC How to Fix
Many people around the world are in love with Kindle Fire due to various reasons. The device is not only great, but it is affordable as well. However, many consumers have stated that there is Kindle not showing up on Windows 10 issue. No need to worry, though, because a few solutions exist, and you can find them in this article.
Kindle not Showing up on PC: Problem Overview
The transfer of the files can be possible by connecting the Kindle Fire with the PC. These files include e-books, videos, photos, and music. But sometimes, an issue can arise after Paperwhite creates a connection with Windows 10, and the computer does not recognize Kindle Paperwhite. Another issue can be that the device does not show up on the computer. It can get frustrated since every time you would try to connect it, you would get a message that the system is unable to recognize the device.
This issue can also arise after Windows 10 is upgraded. Hence the reason behind the user not able to access Windows Explorer. The users are not able to gain access to the directory OPUS as well even after you have completed your search for the Windows updates.
But you do not have to worry about it since there are a few methods with the help of which your computer will be able to locate and see the Kindle Fire or Paperwhite right after you have connected it to Windows 10.
Reconnect Kindle Fire to PC
The first solution to this problem is to reconnect the Kindle Fire to the PC. You can fix the Kindle not showing up on PC issue by following the steps that are mentioned below:
- Unplugging of the device should be performed from one USB port. Later, plug it into the other USB port on the PC.
- A different USB cable can be used if the PC is not able to detect or identify the Kindle Fire or Kindle Paperwhite. Reconnect the new USB cable to the port. It can be possible that there is damage to the USB cable. If that is so, then purchase a new cable.
- A complete shut down can be conducted by holding the power button.
- Restart the device, and you will notice that the PC will discover the presence of the Kindle Fire. Once it detects it, the installation of the MTP driver will begin again.
- The device should be charged for 30 minutes or more if the problem continues. Repeat step 4 afterwards.
- In case the options that are mentioned above do not work, then you can plug the device into another computer.
If the Kindle is not showing up on a computer problem is still there, you need to try another method.
Install the Kindle Fire Driver for Windows
Another solution to the problem is to install the Kindle Fire Driver for Windows 10. If the above solution does not work, then the Kindle Fire Driver may be missing, or its installation has failed earlier.
- The first step is to open the device manager. Once you are in the device manager, you will find the Portable Devices, expand it, and you will find Kindle Fire. You can also see the MTP device.
- Afterwards, you should choose the Update Driver options after right-clicking on the Kindle Fire. If you can see the MTP device, then right-click on that.
- You should choose the second option through which you will tell the computer to browse your computer for driver software.
- The next step is to choose the option that is at the bottom. Through this option, you will be able to pick up from a list of device drivers that are on your computer.
- Now a new window will appear. Check the option of ‘Show compatible hardware’. Then right-click on the Model and choose the MTP USB Device. After completing this step, click on Next.
- The last step in this process would be to click Yes while you are inside the Update Driver Window. This will start the installation of the compatible device driver for the Kindle Fire.
If you are not comfortable with the manual installation process, you can also use the Driver Booster. With the help of this application, you will be able to update the Kindle Fire driver on your Windows. This application will first scan your device and automatically update the driver from the database of over 3 million drivers.
Download the Latest Version of the Kindle Fire Application
Problems can also arise when you do not have the latest version of the application, so make sure that you do. The thing is that the wrong app may end up with Kindle charging but not recognized. Therefore, it is necessary to install the most recent version and update it.
Connect Kindle Fire as Camera to your PC
The fourth solution is to try connecting Kindle to PC as a camera since the computer is not able to recognize the Kindle Fire. Check if the application is working on Windows 10 by following this step. This can be done by choosing it from the drop-down menu. If you are unable to find this option in the menu, then choose it from the option that would let you know about your storage on your device in the settings.
Hopefully, by following one of the four solutions that are mentioned above, you will be able to solve the problem of your Kindle Fire not showing up on PC. If still there is a problem, then try to use it over a wireless network. Upload the files online, and you can download them on your PC afterwards.
Main Editor in Hooks.Guide, Embedded Software Engineer.